Friday, August 8, 2008

I wrote a parody of musicals part 3

INT. -MS. COWELL'S CLASS-DAY

A bunch of the characters in the movie, including Drake, Carter, Terry, Pomerian, Ricky(who's now wearing a pirate hat), Syke, Ronnie and one of the cheerleaders are sitting in the front row of the classroom behind desks. In the middle row are a bunch of extras sitting in rows. In the back row, Domonique and a bunch of extras are sitting in the back row. The teacher, Ms. Cowell, the bitchy drama teacher who hates cell phones and sports who's a cross between Ms. Darbus and Simon Cowell, is sitting at her office which looks like a stage in the auditorium with a curtain being hung over head. On the curtains are the two signs of drama. A student walks over to her desk and compliments her on it.

STUDENT
Hey Ms. Cowell, nice office: I didn't know you could make your office so campy.

MS. COWELL
Yes, well I think it shows my personality very well. (Mean)Now take a seat.

The student, a little offended because she was very rude to him, looks at her weirdly.

STUDENT
Okay, don't be such a bitch.

The student goes to the desks and sits at the last seat in the middle row. Drake sees that Domonique is in the back row through the reflection of the clock in Ms. Cowell's office and can't believe it.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
Wait, is that who I think it is?

He turns around and sees Domonique.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY (CONT’D)
It is! It is who I think it is!

Drake takes out his cell phone and takes a picture of her on his cell phone. All the students take out their cell phones and start playing on them except for Carter who takes out a bluetooth and puts it on his ear. Ms. Cowell, who is not a big fan of cell phones, gasps at this.

MS. COWELL
Students, turn off your cell phones immediately!

The students turn off their cell phones. She goes to them holding a bag and goes around as all the students reluctantly put the cell phones in their bag.

MS. COWELL (CONT’D)
Detention for all of you! Cell phones are evil and they are not allowed in class!

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
But Ms. Cowell, you can't give us detention! I have kickball practice!

CARTER DONALDSON
Me too! Plus, I didn’t bring out my cell phone...I have a blue tooth on so I can’t get in trouble!

MS. COWELL
I know what a blue tooth is, Mr. Donaldson! Besides, I don't care! I hate sports! I only like drama because I'm the drama teacher!

Another student, who is the school president, is sitting at a seat with a hooker under his desk giving him a blowjob. He can't believe he's getting detention because he apparently didn't do anything wrong because he thinks no one notices the hooker.

SCHOOL PRESIDENT
You can't give me detention, Ms. Cowell, i'm the school president! Plus, I didn't do anything wrong.

MS. COWELL
You're cheating on your girlfriend, the head cheerleader, Heather, with Candy, the high school dropout turned hooker.

The School Shooter is at a window holding a sniper gun pointing at the window. He looks at Ms. Cowell while he keeps the sniper gun pointed at the window.

SCHOOL SHOOTER
But Ms. Cowell, I'm not doing anything wrong either! Why am I getting detention?! I didn't take my cell phone out!

MS. COWELL
You're trying to murder Ms. Bryant, your biology teacher, because you forgot to study for the test on Evolution.

The bell rings.

MS. COWELL (CONT’D)
Okay kids, class dismissed...see you at Detention!

The kids get up and start leaving. Domonique is confused about why the class left so early.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
I didn't know classes were only 10 minutes long!

MS. COWELL
And, if you’re interested, don’t forget to audition for the High School musical period 4 tomorrow. And, if you have class then but want to audition anyway...see you in detention again tomorrow!

Drake and Domonique think that’s very interesting but they look away and try to hide their interest because they don't want anyone to know they are interested in the high school musical.

INT. -GENE KELLY HIGH HALLWAY-DAY

All the students are walking out of their classrooms. The kids in Ms. Cowell's class walk out of the class. Domonique walks out of the class. Drake walks out of the class but runs to Domonique and joins up with her.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
Hey Domonique, remember me?!

Domonique stops and thinks for a moment. Drake stops and looks at her. She looks at him.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Danny Zuko?!

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
No, it's me Drake, Maria. Remember, we sang karaoke on New Years eve and fell in love at first sight?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Oh, sorry about that, Justin.

They start walking and talking to each other.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
That’s okay, Juliet. So, how’ve you been?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Pretty good...you?

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
Pretty good. So, have you been through a tour of the school?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
No, actually I haven't.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
Do you want me to show you around?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Nah, I think I'll figure it out for myself but thanks for offering.

They walk up to the bulletin board where there are many ads for school activities. There is a sign-up sheet is in the middle of the bulletin board for the high school musical try-outs. Pomerian is signing her name and her brother's name on the sign-up sheet. Her brother, now wearing a moose hat, is standing behind her. Pomerian turns around and it turns out she took the whole space on the sign-up sheet writing "The Erickson twins". A sheet next to the audition list says "Does lazy plagarism count as parody?". She looks at Domonique and Drake and gets surprised.

POMERIAN ERICKSON(RATHER MOCKINGLY)
Oh, I'm sorry, were you planning to sign-up to?!

Drake actually does want to audition for the high school musical but he’s afraid to say so seeing as it’s out of his nature.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
No, of course not, I'm a jock not a dancer. (Mumbles)Although that does look kind of interesting.

Domonique actually does want to audition for the high school musical but she’s afraid to say so seeing as it’s out of her nature.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
I better not because I think I'm just going to get adjusted to the school before I do any extra curricular activities. (Mumbles)Although that did really look interesting.

POMERIAN ERICKSON
Well, I'll see you later. Let's go, Rick.

Pomerian and Ricky, now wearing a jester hat, leave. Drake looks at Domonique.

DRAKE MCPRETTYBOYTOY
So, um, I have to leave, I’m going to go hang out with my friends.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Okay, well, see you later.

Across the hall, Pomerian and Ricky, who’s now bald, are spying Drake and Domonique from behind a pole.

POMERIAN ERICKSON
Hmm...i’m a little suspicious about this Domonique chick.

RICKY ERICKSON
Me too...I think she wants Drake all to herself: but I want Drake.

POMERIAN ERICKSON
Everybody wants Drake, Rick. Even that creepy janitor.

Pomerian looks at Ricky.

POMERIAN ERICKSON (CONT’D)
But I agree with you, I think she wants him all to herself...

She starts to get a little more suspicious about Domonique and thinks she wants to join the high school musical.

POMERIAN ERICKSON (CONT’D)
Plus, I think she wants to be in the high school musical.

Ricky gasps because they are the only ones who can join the high school musical.

RICKY ERICKSON
But were the only people who are allowed to be in the high school musical!

POMERIAN ERICKSON
I know...I think she’s trying to steal the high school musical away from us!

RICKY ERICKSON
Oh no she didn’t!

POMERIAN ERICKSON
Oh, yes she did, but were not gonna let her. Were gonna find her deepest, darkest secret then tell Ms. Cowell which will definitely make Ms. Cowell not allow her to be in the high school musical.

RICKY ERICKSON
Yes, there’s no doubt about that.

Domonique is walking in the halls when Terry joins up with her and offers her to shake her hand.

TERRY MACKENZIE
Hi, i’m Terry Mackenzie!

Domonique screams and punches Terry in the face. Terry, surprised and in pain, covers her face and groans.

TERRY MACKENZIE (CONT’D)
What...the...hell did you do that for?!

Domonique breathes heavily. Her breath slows down and she starts to regret what she did. She looks at Terry.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Sorry, it’s just I didn’t expect you to come out of nowhere like that.

Terry, who looks fine except she has a bruise on her face from Domonique punching her, sighs and looks at her.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA (CONT’D)
I’m---I’m really sorry about this.

TERRY MACKENZIE
It’s okay: So, you new here?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Yeah, i’m new here.

TERRY MACKENZIE
Cool. Can I be your cynical black friend?

Domonique is puzzled at what she has said and looks at her weirdly. Terry sighs and looks at Domonique.

TERRY MACKENZIE (CONT’D)
It’s a school rule-you have to have a cynical black friend.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Well, okay, I guess you can be my cynical black friend.

They start walking together.

TERRY MACKENZIE
Now, Domonique, can I give you a word of advice...

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Sure.

TERRY MACKENZIE
Don't associate yourself with the kickball team...they are nothing but a bunch of brainless hot guys in sports uniforms who are dicks...

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
I don't know, Drake seems nice...

TERRY MACKENZIE
Trust me, he's not.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
How do you know?

TERRY MACKENZIE
I don't. I just don't like him because he's not a member of "The Science Club". So, anyway, Domonique, would you like to join the science club?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Well, maybe next year but this year I just want to figure the school out a little bit and not just join one group just yet.

TERRY MACKENZIE
I’m sorry but you can’t do that. You see, everybody here is in their own clique...I myself, as you already know, am in the science club. We’ve also got the jocks, preps, skaters, drama kids, nerds, murderers, world domination leaders, filmmakers, greasers, politicians, masturbators, sex offenders, cheetah girls, beatles fans, imaginary kids, wannabes, this month they want to be in Shakespear plays, and the KKK.

Domonique looks at Terry weirdly. Terry looks at Domonique.

TERRY MACKENZIE (CONT’D)
Oh, wait, my mistake, the school had it’s own KKK but they ran out of races and religions to hate so they decided to start hating the KKK and killed each other-very brutal!

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
So, they won’t be attacking, say a spanish girl and a black girl who are walking in the halls?

Terry smiles.

TERRY MACKENZIE
No.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
That’s good.

They see something flying to them and duck. An axe comes flying at them. When it gets out of the frame they spring back up and look at each other. Then they start walking and acting like everything is normal.

TERRY MACKENZIE
So, Domonique, are you sure you wouldn’t like to join the science club?

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Maybe later on in the school year but not now. Besides, I already knew about this clique society we have here-Principal Tokashama told me about it: I told him I didn’t want to join any specific group and he was okay with it.

TERRY MACKENZIE
Well, okay-if you want to be a loner, that’s fine with me...

She starts leaving her. Domonique, feeling guilty because of what Terry says, stops her.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Wait a minute!

Terry stops and looks at her.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA (CONT’D)
Can I just think about it, please?

TERRY MACKENZIE
Okay, I’ll let you think about it.

DOMONIQUE LOPENZIA
Thank you.

No comments: